Saturday, January 29, 2011

1990 Trek 2300 Pro

Let me tell you about my favorite bike.

MY BIKE.
coolest bike in town

The similarities are identical. Different color scheme. 


Original Trek from 1990. Photo from Trek.com


Found this beauty with google images. Same exact bike, I like my
modifications alot better though.

headed out for an overnight trek
Sept. 2010


(this is the entry from mrmartinweb.com)

1990 Trek 2300 Pro (Larger Image) Aluminum bike. Date is from information at Vintage Trek referring to the color scheme. Carbon fiber main tubes with Aluminum lugs, rear stays and fork. Trek made their first composite bike with carbon main tubes and Aluminum lugs in 1987 according to the Vintage Trek Timeline. Filaments of carbon are woven together to form a fiber (See Wikipedia - Carbon Fiber) which is then made into tubes that are joined with Aluminum lugs in a bike like this. Carbon can be strong yet lightweight. (See generally Wikipedia - Bicycle Frame.) This bike weighs about 21 pounds. According to the Vintage Trek Timeline Trek made bicycles with Carbon tubes and Aluminum lugs up to 1998. At that point all of their Carbon frames were made entirely of Carbon with no Aluminum lugs. Carbon frames are not limited to a tube design. They can be molded to specific shapes which may offer significant aerodynamic advantages. The basic tube design is often maintained, however, due to international bicycle racing requirements. (See Vintage Trek Timeline - 1998 and 1999 referring to the Trek Y-Foil 66 and 77 aerodynamic carbon fiber road bikes ceasing production.) Specifications in the 1990 Trek Catalog for the Trek 2300 Pro are at Vintage Trek Specs - 1 and Vintage Trek Specs - 2. The Trek 2300 Pro was the second road bike from the top and came with quality components including Shimano Ultegra 600 components and Matrix ISO-C II 700C, hard anodized rims. The frame and rims are made in the USA.

I'll be honest. Riding my bike around town, I know, just know that no one else has a cooler bike then me. It's just fact. Thank you father for always getting a newer, nicer bike and allowing me, your first born son to inherit all of your former bikes. I currently care after 4 bikes, and I've inherited all of them. It's a talent.

Even Mr. Madsen looks like a bad ass on my Trek 2300
priceless

5 comments:

  1. I have this exact same bike and have had it in my stable of bikes for nearly 20 years. This is the only other bike that I have seen in this exact color scheme even on the Trek vintage bike sight it does not mention this yellow front fork. When I ride this bike it certainly gets noticed. I have had to modify it with 105 sti and crank as well as replace the wheel set with Mavics. Enjoy your truly unique vintage bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ride this same bike with the color scheme that you show from Trek website. I have a pair of vintage aero wheels on it as well. I always get a lot of comments on it. Mine too is a hand me down from my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this 1991 Trek since new. I love it! I am in the process of doing a modern upgrade on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is a 1990 with brushed aluminum. One cool bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. el mío también tiene la misma combinación de colores y equipa shimano 600 7 velocidades
    es realmente hermosa... ya no se hacen bicicletas así
    yo la disfruto mucho por Valdemoro (España)

    ReplyDelete