Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So many great films to be released in the month of October


Austin Galbraith was just a little disappointed with a majority of the movies he saw during the summer of 2010. Aside from the Box Office smash, "Inception" (I still stand by my nomination for director Christopher Nolan to be named man of the year) And FREAK! I can get more into that later(how I love you Christain Bale). I was more then let down with the films coming out of the big production studios in Hollywood. My fancy was tickled more then once with the indies this summer thanks to "The Winters Bone" & "The Kids are Alright" both awesome movies and I still stand by them. Especially "The Winters Bone" (Look for The Winters Bone at the Oscars this year in Feb)... ANy ways, I am excited for the month of October and I'm ready to hang out at the cinema for a few days seeing a few films that I am in serious anticipation for. Here's a list:

"Get Low" starring Robert Duvall & Bill Murray - NOW PLAYING    *****
"The Social Network" starring Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, & Justin Timberlake -NOW PLAYING (saw it tonight) 
"Jack Goes Boating" starring Philip Seymour Hoffman & Amy Ryan - NOW PLAYING
"It's Kind of A Funny Story" starring Keir Gilchrist & Zach Galifianakis - OCT 8th
"No Where Boy" starring Aaron Johnson - OCT 8th
"Conviction" starring Sam Rockwell & Hilary Swank - OCT 15th   *****
"The Tillman Story" (Documentary) - OCT 15th
"Never Let Me Go" starring Andrew Garfield, Keira Knightly, & Carey Mulligan - OCT 15th   *****
"Jack Ass 3D" starring Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Ryan Dunn, & Dave England - OCT 15th
"Paranormal Activity" starring Katie Featherston - OCT 22th
"Saw 3D" starring Tobin Bell, Costas Mandylor, & Carey Elwes - OCT 29th

The 3 films I am most looking forward to I gave 5 stars, in case anyone cares what I am doing. I can not wait. CANNOT! I get everything in terms of movies this month. It is october, so i'm going to get some good scares with Paranormal Activity 2. When I found out a sequel was coming out later this month I went home and watched Paranormal Activity 1 and it was pretty good. I won't lie, i jumped out of my seat. I'm a member of Saw's cult following so I am looking forward to the 7th (and sadly final) installment of the Saw series. What's going to happen to Jigsaw? Or Dr. Gordon? Since it's going to be in 3D you know it's going to be way over the top but whatever.

The movie I am most looking forward to this month is "Never Let Me Go" I saw the trailer for the film at the Broadway Theater last month and I was glued to the screen. It looks amazing. I try not to read too much about a film on the internet, I generally don't like to know too much going into the movie so I've kept myself in the dark here. But it looks absolutely amazing. Ironically I've seen Andrew Garfield (a young and talented actor) in 2 movies in the last 2 or 3 days. He starred alongside Eisenberg tonight in "The Social Network" which I thought he pulled a knockout job, and over the weekend I saw him in "The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus", alongside Heath Ledger (God rest his beautiful soul). Needless to say I am looking forward to seeing Garfield in his latest work.

Jack Ass is classic and i'll get some cheap laughs I don't know what I'm going to get with this being in 3D hopefully Ryan Dunn running train.

I am yet to see "Get Low" from the speakings with my friends and from seeing the trailer it seems as if Robert Duvall gives a performance that caps his amazing career at such an old age. Along with one of my favorite actors of all time, Bill Murray. I'm upset with myself that i'm yet to see this one.

So whatever, take it for what it's worth, i know some of my friends value my opinion when it comes to a good flick and i was bored and excited for these movies coming out later this month so I thought I'd type about it for a while.

-Austin 

No comments:

Post a Comment